Monday, May 19, 2008

As a christain, you should not allow anything to control you

Dear Treasure Friend,
Grace and peace be showered upon you in abundance in Jesus name. The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 9:25-27, “And every man that strives for self control is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not with uncertainty; so fight I, not as one that beats the air: But I roughly treat my body, and bring it into subjection: Lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be disqualified”.

When you became born again, your basic human nature is not automatically changed. Rather, it is atoned for and pardoned. This means that you still need to exercise control over lust, which can be accomplished by renewing your mind through the daily studying of God’s word and communicating with Him through meditation. Self-control and obedience to God will help you gain control over lust, rather than allowing lust to control you.

Unfortunately, lust holds many Christians in bondage to the point that they constantly allow idly thoughts to fill their minds. This is always the case with sexual lust. Constantly fantasizing about fornication and adultery is sin (Matthew 5:28).
Why? Because thoughts leads to actions. An example of how is found in Genesis 11. The people of shiner decided to build a tower that would reach heaven. God confounded their language so they could no longer understand each other. Verse six states “…nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.” According to Philippians 4:8, your mind should be filled with thoughts that are true, honest, just, pure, and lovely and of a good report.

God wants you to be a good keeper of your thought life and make sure that you only allow godly things to be planted in your mind. Remember, whatever is planted will grow. Therefore, be selective about the kind of things you permit your eyes to see and your ears to hear, because those seeds will end up in the soil of your heart. The Bible says in Proverbs 4:23 “keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life”.

As a born again, you should not allow anything to control you, whether it is sexual lust, emotional needs, or food addictions you must walk holy before our Father in heaven. Holiness is the only required condition to experiencing His goodness and power in your life with His word. Unfortunately, man-made doctrine and the misguided belief that holiness is demonstrated by an individual’s outer appearance have caused confusion in the body of Christ. As a result, the true meaning of holiness has escaped most Christians.

You develop in holiness by developing in the love of God. When you walk in love, you conform to the image of Christ, see (Galatians 5:22-23). You willingly align your life with His Word and no longer allow sin to stand between you and Papa God. Ultimately, you end up loving what He loves and hating what He hates.

Devil uses lust to lure you out of the will of God. However, if you are walking in line with God’s word, you will remain safely planted in His perfect will for your life.
“The unquenchable desire for something that can never be satisfied,” is a tool the adversary uses to lure believers away from the will of God for their lives. By making these faith-filled confessions every single day, you will exercise your authority over every demonic weapon and cancel its effects in your life.

FAITH CONFESSIONS
Heavenly Father, I come boldly to your throne of Grace to find help and strength in time of need. I thank you that I am a new creature in Christ Jesus; the old things have passed away, which include my old lifestyle of sin and lust. As a result, I am no longer subject to the desires of my flesh. Your nature in me overrides my old nature as I walk in the truth and the light of your word, and not after the dictates of my flesh. I do not allow ungodly images and words to enter the gates of my hearts. Instead, I guard my heart with all diligence, for out of it flow the issues of my life. I will not allow any wicked thing to come before my eyes, and I cast down all ungodly imaginations by speaking your word in faith. I will not give Satan access to my mind by allowing it to idly wander. I am strong in you and in the power and might of the Holy Spirit; therefore, I bring my mind and body into subjection. I declare that I have been delivered from the spirit of lust, and I maintain my victory by continually meditating and acting on your word.
In Jesus Name.
We care about you
Everlastingly at His vineyard
Evangelist Kingsley Wobidi.

No comments: